Saturday, March 20, 2010

Highlander Coffee





Nested amongst sleazy karaoke bars along Kampong Bahru was Highlander, a cafe serving gourmet coffee brewed with beans from Sumatra, Costa Rica, Kenya etc.

The smell of coffee hits as you step into the cafe. "We roast our own beans here", say the lady serving us. The coffee I had was aromatic, but not too bitter. I had 2 cups of flat white, beyond my usual a-cup-per-day habit.

But it was the homely atmosphere I was drawn to. I was happily settled reading from my Kindle and many customers were also enjoying their cuppa whilst flipping through the papers. And I was pleasantly pleased with the lady server who offered to warm up the cookie to go with my drink.

A delightful way to spend the afternoon.

Address:
Highlander Coffee
49 Kampong Bahru Road
+65 62261686

No comments:

Post a Comment